Cavities are tooth destroyers. Cavities are the result of erosion of your tooth enamel to the point that a hole has formed in a tooth. Even though your tooth enamel is a very strong protective layer of your teeth, it can be damaged as the result of plaque buildup and harmful acids. If a cavity forms your tooth’s pulp can become defenseless to infection and decay. If left unchecked, tooth loss can occur. Listed below are a few common tips to help you conquer cavities:
– Be wary of foods and drinks that are sticky and chewy, as they can linger in your mouth long after consumption and can continue to damage your teeth and gums.
– Cavities can transpire at any time, so remember to brush and floss daily for the entirety of your life.
– Always attend your scheduled checkups and professional cleanings at your dentist so that they can review your smile for cavities.
– When choosing a toothbrush and dental floss, use products that are acceptable by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Try using supplementary dental cleaners after consuming food, such as mouthwash.
– Avoid sugars and acidic foods and stick to a nutritious diet including foods that have a high water content.
If you are showing signs of cavities, come visit Powell Boulevard Dental for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Denise M. Walthour and wonderful our team at our dentist office in Portland, Oregon, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 503-235-7181. We will fill in your cavities and make your smile healthy once again!