A dental implant in Portland, Oregon, is a permanent option that replaces your missing tooth and its root and improves the appearance of your smile.
Our team at Powell Boulevard Dental is proud to place the dental implant restorations for you after a dental specialist has surgically impeded the implant posts. The entire process of placing the dental implants includes the following steps:
- Your dental specialist will place a small titanium post into the bone socket of your missing tooth.
- The bone will then need to heal around the post to secure it in place, which could take anywhere from six to twelve weeks.
- Once the bone has healed, the specialist will attach a connector post, which will eventually hold your replacement tooth.
- Then, Dr. Denise M. Walthour comes into the picture.
- We will make impressions of your tooth and will send them to a dental lab where your replacement tooth with be created.
- When the tooth is ready, your dentist will place it onto the connector post, which will then complete the process of your new-and-improved smile!
If you are interested in taking advantage of dental implants, we invite you to call our office and set up an appointment! We will meet with you, examine your oral cavity, and determine if dental implants are the perfect solution for you.