Oral accidents typically are just as they sound, accidents. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean you cannot shield yourself from them and minimize their risk if you wish. Defending your teeth and gums may not always be possible, but there are things you can do to help keep your teeth healthy and strong for the rest of your days.
Focus your oral health care on tooth hazards. Save your smile with tooth hazard prevention and these important facts:
– Many varieties of mouth jewelry can easily crack or chip your teeth, or break off and cause infections, gum damage, and even become choking hazards.
– A collection of foods and snacks may be a bit too hard on our teeth, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips.
– Contact sports and high-risk activities can be hazardous to your oral health.
– Harmful habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco greatly increase your oral health risks.
– The products we place in our mouths can be dangerous, including pens and pen caps, as well as chewing on our nails.
– Never pry open objects with your mouth, as this is a surefire way to break your teeth or damage your gums.
To schedule an oral exam for tooth hazards, at Powell Boulevard Dental, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Portland, Oregon, with Dr. Denise M. Walthour and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 503-235-7181. We will get you back to smiling once more!