Are you aware of common signs and symptoms of bruxism, and which ones can be treated, and which ones require the aid of a dentist? If you are unsure about how to care for bruxism, it is always important to visit your dentist for a complete oral examination and a list of treatment guidelines to follow to ensure your smile has the best chance of thriving. Listed below are common tips to help you begin:
– Are you suffering from pain that feels like an earache, but it arises from outside your ear?
– Jaw and face muscles that feel tired or tight may be a symptom of bruxism.
– Excessive cheek tissue damage, including bite marks to the inner lining, is often present with bruxism.
– Are you suffering from excessive jaw, face, head, or neck pain or soreness?
– Inspect your mouth for flat, chipped, fractured, loose, or otherwise abnormal teeth.
– If you grind your teeth loud enough to wake your sleep partner, bruxism may be present.
– If you suffer from any types of headaches when you wake up that feel as if they originate in your temples, bruxism may be the cause.
– If you are aware of any peculiar indentations or bizarre markings on your tongue, bruxism may be present.
If you would like to experience the sensation of a superb smile with bruxism treatments, please stop by Powell Boulevard Dental for an oral exam from Dr. Denise M. Walthour and our team at our remarkable dentist office in Portland, Oregon. Book your appointment by calling us at 503-235-7181.