Partial dentures are a great option if you wish to replace your missing permanent teeth with a removable yet reliable dental appliance.
A partial denture has a pink, gum-like base and it has false teeth attached to the top or bottom. This appliance is made specifically for your smile, and it should fit in the gap of your mouth perfectly. When placing the denture, simply put it into the gap of your smile and clasp it onto the remaining natural teeth that lie on both sides. This will help it remain in place.
To help you know what to expect with this appliance, here are some things you should know:
· The partial denture may take some time to get used to. At first, the appliance may feel a bit awkward or bulky. This is completely normal. With some practice, you will be a professional denture wearer in no time.
· You may also need to practice inserting and removing the denture from your mouth. This task might be tricky at first.
· Your dentist will give you specific instructions on how to care for as well as use the denture. Make sure you follow these instructions and do not bite down on the appliance when placing it into your mouth. Your dentist will also give you instructions on when, where, and how long to wear the appliance.
· Your denture should make eating quite a bit easier. However, this will only happen if you begin eating small, soft foods at the beginning. As time passes by and the more you become familiar with the appliance, the more solid foods you can eat.
· You might have a tough time speaking at first, but that is completely normal. To help with this problem, simply read words out loud and repeat the words that give you trouble.
For more information and details about partial dentures, give our office a call at 503-235-7181 and talk to a member of our caring dental team!